Purpose: To promote and support clinical and basic science research among Chinese American medical and dental students.
Criteria: Projects lasting 6 to 10 weeks can either be in the basic sciences or clinical research. A dentist or a physician must sponsor and supervise the project. Special consideration will be given to projects involving Chinese American health issues. At the completion of the project, a written report should be submitted. Applicant must be a current student in an accredited medical or dental school in the United States.
Stipends: Students will be paid a stipend of $400 per week, for 6 to 10 weeks. Research support and expenses are the responsibility of the sponsor.
Application process: The applicant should submit the following:
- CAMS Summer Research Fellowship Application.
- Project description (include hypothesis, methodology).
- Personal Statement.
- Curriculum Vitae (include education, employment).
- A letter from supervising investigator supporting the research project.
- A letter from the Dean verifying that the student is in good standing.
Click Here to Download the 2014 Summer Fellowship Application
Deadline of application: April 30, 2014.
The preferred method of submission is a complete pdf file via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application and supporting materials can also be sent by mail to:
CAMS Scholarship Committee
41 Elizabeth Street, Suite 600
New York, New York 10013
Tel: (212) 334-4760